The doctors of Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ are recognized specialists in treating menopause with estrogen and other treatments. Our bio-identical hormone replacement therapy specialists treat menopause with estrogen, progesterone, a combination of the two and other medicines.
Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ frequently treat patients from Fairfield, Lincoln Park, Montclair, Oakland, Paterson and Wayne, NJ. Chances are that if you know someone who has undergone medical weight loss or bio-identical hormone replacement therapy in New Jersey – we have treated him or her.
Estrogen bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is an alternative to Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) which uses bioidentical hormones to treat hormonal conditions. We take a personalized approach, providing treatments tailored to you and your needs – because there is no such thing as a ‘one-size fits all’ approach to menopause treatments.
Estrogen hormone replacement therapy for menopause symptoms helps restore your hormone levels which help in improving most menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, mood swings, night sweats, dryness of the vagina and reduced sex drive. HRT can also protect against osteoporosis. For some lucky women the symptoms of menopause are mild and go away on their own, not requiring HRT.
- Virtual and in-person consultations offered
Estrogen hormone replacement therapy (HRT) effectively reduces many of the unpleasant effects of symptoms of the menopause.
- HRT is a hormone replacement therapy. It is not a ‘drug’.
- The aim is to replace the hormones that your body once produced.
- The hormones we use are “bio-identical” – these are the safest to use and have the lowest risk of side effects.
- We offer patch, spray, self-inject, pill, and gel treatments
Signs and Symptoms of Menopause:
- Hot flushes. As your estrogen level drops, your blood vessels may expand rapidly, causing your skin temperature to rise.
- Decreased fertility. When ovulation begins to fluctuate, you’re less likely to become pregnant. Until you haven’t had a period for a year, however, pregnancy is still possible.
- Vaginal changes. As your estrogen level declines, the tissues lining your vagina and urethra — the opening to your bladder — become drier, thinner and less elastic. With decreased lubrication you may experience burning or itching, along with increased infections of the urinary tract or vagina. These changes may make sexual intercourse uncomfortable or even painful
- Sleep disturbances and night sweats. Night sweats are often a consequence of hot flushes. You may awaken from a sound sleep with soaking night sweats followed by chills. You may have difficulty falling back to sleep or achieving a deep, restful sleep.
- Changes in appearance. After menopause, the fat that once was concentrated in your hips and thighs may settle above your waist and in your abdomen.
- You may notice a loss of fullness in your breasts, thinning hair and wrinkles in your skin.
- Emotional changes. As you go through menopause, you may experience mood swings, be more irritable or be more prone to emotional upset.
Women sometimes experience several of these menopause symptoms as well:
- Aches and pains
- Crawling or itching sensations under the skin
- Lack of self-esteem
- Reduced sex drive (libido)
- Urinary frequency
It is Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ’s commitment to our hormone replacement therapy patients that has earned us the reputation of being one of the New Jersey’s top bio-identical hormone replacement therapy medical practices. Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ specializes in taking exceptional care of each hormone replacement therapy patient from the initial consultation to the successful completion of each individual’s program. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the New Jersey doctor’s staff to the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome.
Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ
1777 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470