Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ is a specialty medical weight loss and hormone replacement therapy medical practice located in Wayne, NY and accepts patients throughout NJ (patients can schedule in-person or virtual consultations). New patients are always welcome!
The board certified NJ weight loss & HRT specialist doctors of Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ offers prescriptions for medical weight loss including FDA approved Mounjaro, Ozempic, Semaglutide, and Tirzepatide. Peptide therapy for weight loss is also offered including AOD-9604 (Advanced Obesity Drug), CJC-1295 / Ipamorelin, and Tesofensine. We are also specialists in bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT / HRT) and offer treatments for Low-T, menopause, perimenopause, and other hormone imbalance conditions.
Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ is spearheaded by the best in class medical weight loss doctor, Peter Balazs, MD:
- Member: Academy of Age Management Medicine
- Member: American Obesity Medicine Association
- Member: American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- Member: American Cosmetic Cellular Medicine Association
- Member: American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine
We frequently treat patients from Fairfield, Lincoln Park, Montclair, Oakland, Paterson and Wayne, NJ. Chances are that if you know someone who has undergone medical weight loss or bio-identical hormone replacement therapy in New Jersey – we have treated him or her.
- Virtual or in-office consultations
The Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ offers prescription medication and peptide therapy treatments for medical weight loss including:
- AOD-9604: AOD-9604 decreases body fat in the center of the belly in obese, overweight, and average size bodies, according to recent clinical research studies. AOD-9604 has been shown to efficiently burn fat without causing the body to crave unhealthy foods. It helps to boost fat burning efforts and to restrict new fat from forming in fat cells.
- CJC-1295 / Ipamorelin: When combined, CJC-1295 and Ipamorelin are frequently formulated and recommended to target the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland and significantly raise the body’s amount of human growth hormone (HGH). This peptide boosts the amount of growth hormone released into your body for therapeutic purposes by acting on two different families of receptors
- Mounjaro™: Compared to other related peptide-based weight loss medications, Mounjaro works as both a GIP receptor agonist and a GLP-1 agonist. The human body creates extra hormones, most notably one that is involved in the insulin hormone’s manufacture, to manage hunger. Similar to GLP-1 agonists, GIP receptor agonists were created as a second treatment option for persons with type 2 diabetes. Despite the fact that both medications target somewhat different hormones, they can be used in conjunction with each other to great effect.
- Ozempic®: Because Ozempic slows down digestion, you feel fuller for longer and have less appetite. When combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise, this helps to reduce cravings for fatty foods and promote effective weight loss over time. By especially focusing on the hormone GLP-1 (glucagon-like peptide-1), Ozempic accomplishes this. Your appetite and blood sugar are naturally regulated by a hormone called GLP-1.
- Semaglutide: As a GLP-1 analogue, semaglutide mimics the naturally occurring hormone GLP-1, which controls blood sugar and hunger in a number of different ways. Blood sugar levels and hunger are impacted by changes in the brain and pancreas. Glucagon-like peptide hormone, or GLP-1, plays a key role. Patients may notice notable weight reduction / fat burning efforts when administered consistently on a weekly basis when paired with healthy lifestyle choices (clean diet, frequent exercise).
- Tesofensine: Due to Tesofensine’s capacity to change hunger levels when regularly taken, many patients choose the drug to aid in effectively achieving weight loss goals. Tesofensine makes the body feel less hungry and is typically administered as an appetite suppressant. Tesofensine is categorized as a pre-synaptic reuptake inhibitor for dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline. When the three neurotransmitter chemicals serotonin, dopamine, and noradrenaline are prevented from being reabsorbed by the central nervous system, the body reacts by feeling less hungry.
- Tirzepatide: Tirzepatide acts in two ways to accomplish two objectives including: reduce appetite and promote satiety (feeling fuller and content with less food). People can expect to lose considerable amounts of weight in a method that is much more manageable when combined with consistent exercise and a healthy diet. It is critical for patients to carefully adhere to the doctor’s recommended regimen in order to achieve the best outcomes from peptide treatment for medical weight loss.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy BHRT / HRT Offered Includes:
- DHEA: People use DHEA as an anti-aging therapy and to improve their physical performance. DHEA is also used to treat depression and symptoms of menopause.
- Estrogen: Estrogen therapy is a form of hormone replacement therapy that is often used to manage and treat menopausal symptoms.
- Menopause Treatments: Our bio-identical hormone replacement therapy specialists treat menopause with estrogen, progesterone, a combination of the two and other medicines.
- Perimenopause Treatments: Systemic estrogen therapy — which comes in pill, skin patch, spray, gel or cream form — remains the most effective treatment option for relieving perimenopausal and menopausal hot flashes and night sweats. The exact hormone therapy you will receive may be a combination or estrogen and other therapies depending on your age and symptoms.
- Pregnenolone: Pregnenolone is a steroid hormone. Pregnenolone hormone therapy is the use of the hormone pregnenolone for anti-aging and hormonal optimization treatment focused on restoring youthful levels of pregnenolone.
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (for “Low -T”): Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is a safe and effective treatment to combat symptoms of testosterone deficiency and restore a man’s hormonal health. Common terms for testosterone deficiency include male menopause, andropause, hypogonadism, low testosterone/Low T, and Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome. All of these refer to the same underlying medical issue.
- Testosterone (for women): Testosterone bio-identical hormone replacement therapy for women aims at restoring sexual function and lifting low moods, sleep issues, headaches and tiredness.
- Testosterone and estrogen “pellets”: This is a unique form of delivery of bio-identical hormones called “pellets” which are inserted under the skin.
Please note: Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ also treats teens for weight loss. It is required that the parent be present for the consultation.
Dr. Balazs is the best doctor anyone can ask for. If I was able to give him a 10 star I would. I was really nervous about medical weight loss but he made me feel better after explaining to me how it works. No doctor will take there time to explain how exactly medical weight loss works and what to expect Dr Balazs is really the man! I have recommend my family and friends to him. If you are interested in weight loss, I did Ozempic, you will never regret it! God bless you and your family! ~ Google
The best in class NJ medical weight loss and hormone replacement therapy specialists create individualized plans for men and women seeking physician supervised medical weight loss treatment with pharmaceuticals, peptide therapy, or hormone replacement therapy. A medical weight loss consultation with our top rated New Jersey doctor will help determine the best course of action. Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ is known as one of the top rated medical weight loss and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy medical practices in the greater New Jersey area.
There are a range of prescription weight loss medications available, including appetite suppressant drugs and medications that are designed specifically to help patients who need to lose a significant amount of weight or those last few stubborn pounds. Our doctor will evaluate you and discuss which option is right for you.
We are dedicated to helping you achieve long-term success. Medically supervised weight loss and/or HRT is easier, faster and safer than standard diets or online apps because you are under the care of a specialist throughout the course of your treatment.
Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ strives to provide exemplary care for anyone who is struggling with weight management or weight-related medical conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes, PCOS, Infertility, Hypothyroidism and other complex issues.
Why Choose Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ
- Board Certified
- We are a dedicated weight loss and hormone replacement therapy practice with the most up to date knowledge and access to the latest prescription medical treatments.
- We have decades of experience.
- We have up-to-date knowledge and experience with bio-identical hormone replacement therapy
- We are spearheaded by a certified medical weight loss specialist doctor.
- Led by doctors and medical weight loss specialists (not robotic apps) who provide safe, caring, and trusted weight loss guidance specifically tailored to you.
- Medically supervised weight loss and hormone replacement therapy is easier, faster and safer than standard diets or online apps because you are under the care of a board certified doctor throughout the course of your treatment.
It is Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors of NJ’s commitment to our medical weight loss and hormone replacement therapy patients that has earned us the reputation of being one of the New Jersey’s top medical weight loss and HRT doctors. Hormone and Weight Loss Doctors specializes in taking exceptional care of each weight loss and hormone replacement therapy patient from the initial consultation to the successful completion of each individual’s program. The honor and privilege of caring for patients comes with the responsibility and dedication of the New Jersey doctor’s staff to the utmost standard of excellence in patient care and final outcome.